Everyone who likes to have a nicely decorated home and the yard as well, know how important the lighting it is. Not just for better functionality and visibility inside and around the house, but also for decoration and creativity. You can do a lot if you are creative while choosing the right lighting. If we are talking about indoors, the wisely chosen light can open up the room and give it a beautiful and modern/rustic touch, depends on what you want to achieve. On the other hand, if we are talking about the outdoors, a nicely decorated yard or a garden will allow you to enjoy it every evening. Light in every way, the sunlight, wisely chosen lighting, can raise your mood, will enable you to open up to positivity. That’s why it is vital to be surrounded by lights in any way. Having lights in your garden will allow you to put focus on a particular tree, bush, or even a swimming pool. Today, in this article, we are talking about pool lightening.
The pool lighting, especially floating pool lights, can be used for different things, even the name itself means the light is designed to be in the water inside the pool. Depends on what type of pool lighting you have chosen, more or less, it can be used for various occasions and places. The same of them can be hanged on a wire. Some can be placed on the grass, or somewhere inside the house, but all of them can float on the water. That means if you have a pond in your yard or a backyard, a swimming pool, or a little, artificial stream, a fountain, hot tub, jacuzzi, you can use this type of lightening. If you are wondering why do you need it, well, it is not like that you must buy it, but it will raise a decoration level in your home or yard for sure. In the evenings, when floating lights surround you, it gives a smooth and delicate touch to our inner feelings. Dimmed lights can create a romantic and poetic effect. That is why all parties or evenings with friends in the garden while hanging out, drinking vine, or having dinner, feels even more relaxing and stunning because people are surrounded by effective decoration. It is very important to think about the colors. There are various floating lights color options. Some of the options will allow you to change color with a remote controller, some will be monochrome, and some will be made of different colors, and you will not be able to change it. Depends on a reason for it (is it for a wedding, for a random party or just to raise the lighting in your yard – for enjoyment and relaxing feeling), you must choose the colors. The other thing you should think about is how much floating pool light you are going to need. An answer to this, you will find out if you think about the size of your pool, an effect you would like to create, a purpose you want to buy in the first place, the level of the lighting you would like to have, and the size of the lights itself.
But, let us go back to our main topic, and that is how long floating pool lights can last.
Types of charging
Most floating pool lights have three types of charging.
- The sunlights charge solar pool floating lights with the help of solar panels inside the lamps. Usually, it takes up to 8 hours to be fully charged, but it depends on a model and a design. When it is fully charged, it can last almost, or whole night (this also depends on a chosen model). This type of floating pool lights will serve you for years.
- The second type has batteries inside. The batteries are mostly lithium batteries, and it can last up to 100 hours. If you but this type of floating pool lights, keep in mind that every time when you want to turn your floating light on or off, you must do it manually. This can be really annoying if you have a lot of these lights in the pool, it can take some time until you are done. So, when you see the lights are going to stop working soon, and you can see that if the light is shading away, it is time to replace the battery.
- And the third option is an option that not all floating lights have. Some of the floating pool lights can be charged by USB. This mostly common between solar lights. In that way, you don’t need to wait up to 8 hours for your lights to be fully charged. It is going to take around 2 hours by using a USB option. This is, for sure, a good way to make your lights charged if you have forgotten to put them under sunlight.
For the end
We would like to summarize all the above. To answer a question, how long do floating pool lights last, we need to analyze particular models, to find out. Besides the type of charging, the construction of the light is crucial as well. Some cheap models are made of low-quality material, and they are not going to serve you for years, that is a fact. Some of the following tips may help you to prolong the life span of your floating pool lights:
- Yes, all floating lights must be water-resistant, but it wouldn’t be so bad if you remove it from the water when you are not around.
- Keep your lights away from strong wind. Strong wind can blow away your floating lights because of its low weight.
- Never use low-quality batteries; always look for good quality ones.
- Don’t let your kids play with floating lights. It is not a toy. Some models are designed to look like it is a ball for playing, but most of it is not. It depends on construction.
- When the winter comes, place your light on the safe place.
- Maintain it regularly, if it is needed.