If you have decided which pair of shoes to give to someone, which pair to throw in the trash can, and which pair of shoes to keep, the question is how to keep your shoes organized, unless you establish some basic rules, after a certain time you will return to the original state. In this state, you can not manage and find a particular pair of shoes that you are looking for at a given moment. The number of your shoes will increase in time. Who can resist the beautiful snickers for the gym that are on sale, nice leather boot that will fit perfectly with those pants you bought last week, or the heeled shoes you will need for that scheduled celebration next week. In any case, without consistent discipline, clutter and chaos are very easy to create.
In order to maintain the system that you have established, it is time to make additional preparations to sustain that order. Below this article, we will provide some tips to help you keep your shoes organized.
Organize your shoes by the season
If you live in the part of our planet that has been blessed with all four seasons, then there is a high probability that you have at your home a large number of shoes. Since the climate temperature varies with the season, there is no need for all your shoes to always be in the same place. Divide all your footwear into four types: autumn footwear, winter footwear, spring footwear, and summer footwear. Put in the hallway shoe closet all the pairs you like the most, all the shoes you currently wear and allocate the rest to all other places that you use to leave your shoes, sneakers, slippers, and boots.
Organize your shoes by the color
If you are the lucky person who has a special room that holds all the shoes and clothing that you have, we advise you to arrange everything by the color on the shelves inside the room. Every person who has a room like this in his house means he has plenty of shoes and clothes. Accordingly, the best feature you can bring is to sort your shoes by color. Because you likely have a hard time coping with this chaos, it is much more practical if each color has its own shelf. When you are preparing for a celebration or meeting, and you already know what you want to wear, that means you know what color shoes you will need. Make it easier for you, and save time when you enter your wardrobe, find the shelf which holds your shoes in that color, and just choose the model which will fit the best with the clothes you want to wear. The color you need at that moment. This kind of organization, in addition to being practical, also looks beautiful visually.
Organize based on the categories
Another practical tip on how to keep your shoes organized is to use it to organize it based on the categories. Put all your shoes in one place to make it easier for you to choose how to group them. Divide all footwear into boots, training sneakers, heeled shoes for parties, work shoes, home slippers, beach slippers, walking slippers, walking sneakers, sandals, and the like. This way, depending on where you are going and what you want to do, you will save yourself the time of searching for the pair of shoes you want to wear. For example, if you are going to the gym and you know what sneakers you will need, if all the shoes have already been organized in this way, then you know where are all the sneakers for the gym are, and it is much easier to find the desired pair.
- Always put each pair of shoes back in its place.
- Maintain each pair of shoes as prescribed for the material from which they are made.
- Have a shoe cleaner in every shoe closet you have in your house.
- Create new habits to follow the rules you have set for organizing your shoes.
- You can put some kind of paper on the shelves that hold your shoes, which will protect the shelf from dirt.
- After each use, clean your footwear to extend its life.
- Do not be sorry to throw away that pair of shoes that fall apart from wearing.
- Be humane and donate every pair whatever if you don’t wear even though you like it.
- If you have more shoes than you have places to store your shoes, find a way to organize a shoe closet.
- In addition to maintaining your shoes regularly, look for tips to keep your closet clean.
- If you feel like you have enough shoes for every occasion, learn how to control yourself when buying new pairs. Not every pair of shoes you see in the store is needed.
- You must maintain all leather-made footwear regularly, as such footwear is often very expensive and demanding.
- Make a plan for how many times a year you will re-arrange your shoes. As time goes by, some boots will fall apart from wearing, and some shoes will no longer be fashionable, some shoes may no longer fit you after a certain amount of time, you need to plan how many times a year you will start organizing your shoes all over again.
- If you purchased a shoe rack that you no longer like or no longer fit, try looking for other options for disposing of your shoes. There are so many shoe organizers on the market.
- All new shoes purchased will create extra chaos as it will take up a lot of space. If you stick to the plan you made about the organization, you will avoid creating additional confusion.
At the very end of this article, we would love to summarize the tips. It is up to you to decide what type of footwear organization would suit you best. If you follow the rules you have established, you will never be nervous and frustrated again because you cannot find the pair of shoes you need at some point.